Thursday, April 2, 2009

Strawberry bread...

I made this for our church's bake sale tomorrow...it turned out pretty good, I thought I would share the recipe with you.


2 cups fresh strawberries
3 1/8 Cups all purpose flour
2 Cups white sugar
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 Cups oil
4 beaten eggs
1 1/4 Cups pecans
Preheat oven to 350.Butter and flour pans (it calls for 2 loaf pans, I used mini loaf pans) Slice strawberries, sprinkle lightly with sugar. Set aside while preparing bread mixture. (the 1st batch I made, I just sliced the berries. wasn't too good. next batch, I diced them up...lots better.)
Combine dry ingred. blend oil & eggs into strawberries, add berry mixture to flour mixture stirring until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in nuts. divide into pans. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I have never made strawberry bread before...may have to try it...Like your new profile with the baby chicks running around!

T said...

Yum! I'm going to have to try this since strawberry picking time is just around the corner.

Great site!